We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
The pools and the sea are a great source of fun for children. However, a day of enjoyment at the beach can end in tragedy if we do not take the appropriate measures.
Did you know that drownings are the cause of 8% of child deaths in summer? Tips for taking care of babies and children when they start swimming.
- The first and most important thing of all, if we have children 5 years and older, is that they have learned to swim. Children from 4 years of age have sufficient dexterity and autonomy of movement to Learn to swim, therefore, more than appropriate to start at this age. Swimming is not only one of the most complete and fun sport for our little ones, but it will also help them to defend themselves against any unforeseen event in the aquatic environment. However, even if you know how to swim, you should never lose sight of the child even with a lifeguard in the pool. Without a doubt, it is possible that for the smallest of 5 years, whether they know how to swim or not, they should never be left alone in the pool, be it the adult pool or the children's pool.
- An important aspect to take into account with the little ones is instill respect for water, that is, that we teach our babies and children that water deserves respect and that we must be careful in it. With the most babies when we play with them near the water, let's try to make them enter or jump into the water at the command of the parents through: 1, 2, and 3 !! And never before or without any order. And with the oldest ones who respect the rules and indications of the pool, the lifeguard and yours.
- Never leave the little ones alone with any auxiliary pool material, that is: floats, hoses, buoys, etc ... Although we believe that they are very safe and that they handle them phenomenally, they can get punctured, turn around with impulse and become dangerous. With this I do not mean that it is not used, but that caution is exercised and the little ones are watched.
- In the beach areas of the pool, that is, stairs, curbs, and pool floor we also have to take extreme precautions against do not run on wet surfaces, not jumping near the curbs and running down the ladder areas for fall hazards that can make a wonderful pool day, on a rugged pool day.
- And finally and also very important to take into account is sun exposure. When the little ones are for many hours under the scorching sun, you have to cover them with a good layer of sun cream And do it every so often, since although sun creams tell us that they are resistant to water, they, in each bathroom, lose their effectiveness.
- Caring for children's ears in swimming pools to prevent them from suffering from otitis is important. If your child frequently suffers from ear infections, use special earplugs to prevent cold water from penetrating.
Just as important is that when they have been in the sun for a long time and want to cool off, they have to do it little by little to avoid sudden changes in temperature, which are the cause of digestion cuts.
You can read more articles similar to Cautions and precautions with children in the water, in the category of child accidents on site.