The Christmas holidays have arrived, a good time to enjoy cooking with the children. To spend a pleasant time in the kitchen, there is nothing better than these crunchy and tasty chocolate covered cookies. Cookies are a convenient, quick and easy food to prepare for children. They love to cook them and, most of all, eat them. Guiainfantil.com proposes a recipe for cookies with chocolate, one of the children's favorite sweets.
- 300 g flour
- 170 g quality butter or margarine
- 100 g icing sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- 100 g chocolate covering
Tips: To decorate, use sugar noodles in Christmas colors, like green and red or red and white.
1. Mix the butter or margarine at room temperature with the icing sugar and a pinch of salt, stirring until fluffy.
2. Add the egg yolks one by one and mix carefully until smooth.
3. Add the sifted flour with enveloping movements avoiding kneading as much as possible, stirring it gently so that it is integrated.
4. Wrap it in plastic wrap and let it rest in the fridge for 1 hour, so that it cools and is easier to handle.
5. Cover the work surface with flour and roll out the dough until it is half a centimeter thick. Cut the cookies with a star mold, and bake at 200 degrees for about 10 minutes.
6. Remove from the oven and cool on a rack. To decorate, melt the chocolate in a double boiler or in the microwave. Bathe each cookie in it and while it cools sprinkle colored noodles. Let the chocolate harden completely.
You can read more articles similar to Christmas cakes with chocolate coating, in the category of recipes on site.