We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Tanning during pregnancy - a common practice
Although many people warn against sunbathing during pregnancy, there are many women who are advanced in pregnancy on the beach. Big crunches even in very hot resorts in Europe or the world do not surprise anyone. Pregnant ladies enjoy the charms of summer and see nothing extraordinary about it. On the contrary - they emphasize that they feel great, that's why they live normally, without excessive prohibitions and stress.
Is this a good decision?
Tanning only with your head
Sunbathing is not healthy, be it pregnant or not at all. The beautiful brown skin color that is the result of the skin's exposure to sunlight is really the body's defense response. Although most of us like tan, the truth is that it accelerates skin aging. In addition, excessive tanning can become cause of burns and even skin cancer, adversely affects the body's immunity.
On the other hand, how to enjoy the charms of summer by hiding at home? This is not always possible. For many of us, sunbathing is a pleasure, which is why doctors propose to choose a compromise and just opt for fairly safe tanning.
Tanning during pregnancy - yes, but ...
So sunbathing pregnant?
There is no definitive answer to this question. A lot depends on your health and well-being. You have to reckon with the fact that staying on the beach during pregnancy can be associated with considerable discomfort, fatigue, excessive sweating, and swelling of the legs. You may be weakened and be more prone to fainting. Unfortunately, excessive heating of the body can lead to bleeding during pregnancy and even to premature labor.
In addition, during pregnancy your skin is more sensitive to tanning. You can burn faster, and even notice sunburn, chloasma on your skin, which can be difficult to remove.
Considering the above, if you decide to sunbathe during pregnancy, there are a few rules to keep in mind:
- use sunscreen creams, preferably SPF 30 or SPF 50,
- it is safest in pregnancy creams with a mineral filter, they do not penetrate the skin and do not cause irritation,
- cover moles,
- protect your ears, neck and mouth particularly well,
- do not save the cream, apply it generously on the skin,
- Repeat application every 2-3 hours,
- protect your head from the sun wear a hat or cap,
- try not to be in full sun during rush hour,
- go to the beach in the morning and late afternoon, from 11-16 am make a siesta,
- cool the skin by entering the water,
- drink up to 3 liters of water a day,
- rest a lot, don't push yourself on the beach,
- take a comfortable sunbed with you to the beach, don't lie flat on the blanket,
- every now and then go for a short walk,
- listen to your intuition and do not underestimate your malaise,
- don't stay on the beach for too long.
Tanning during pregnancy in the solarium is strictly prohibited.