This is the article below.
Before the age of 13 months, the child should:
- be able to stand up
- sit down from a standing position,
- move from one place to another, holding on to something,
- clap your hands
- communicate by expressing your desire other than by crying.
If your toddler has not acquired one or more of the above skills, it is worth consulting a doctor.
The following situations also require medical consultation:
- the child doesn't laugh
- the child makes only a few sounds or none,
- the toddler is constantly irritable, he needs constant attention, he is usually "striking".
Should an one-year-old child walk?
Still, despite emphasizing the individual pace of child's development, there is a strong belief that a child about one year old should walk alone. When an infant does not make progress in this direction, worried parents often reach for a walker, they decide to stimulate the baby, by carrying him by the hands or under feeds. Meanwhile, doctors make it clear that it's not worth doing.