Below we test one of the products included in the line: face and body care cream. The suggested price for 100 ml is PLN 6.
- Aqua - water
- Cetearyl Alcohol - emollient, creates a film on the skin to prevent excessive evaporation of liquids
- Caprylic / Capric Triglyceride - emollient, improves the consistency of the preparation, moisturizes, softens and smoothes the skin.
- Glycerin - glycerin, a very popular ingredient in cosmetics
- Glyceryl Stearate Se - glycerin ester with softening effect
- Alba complexion - animal wax forming a film on the skin, protecting against water loss
- Isostearyl Isostearate - liquid wax, so-called dry emollient
- Cetearyl Glucoside - an ingredient that allows the formation of emulsions
- Panthenol - vitamin B5, soothing and anti-inflammatory.
- Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis Oil - almond oil, has a nourishing effect, improves skin reconstruction
- Allantoin - anti-inflammatory, soothes irritations, regenerates the epidermis, rebuilds the epidermis.
- Tocopheryl Acetate - a substance with antioxidant activity, it inhibits skin aging processes, a component containing vitamin E
- Lactic Acid - lactic acid, has a moisturizing effect
- Chamomilla Recutita Flower Extract - common chamomile, anti-inflammatory,
- Butylene Glycol - a substance that prevents cosmetics from drying out
- Carbomer - a polymer that increases the viscosity of a cosmetic
- Sodium Hydroxide - sodium hydroxide, hygroscopic substance, pH regulator
- Phenoxyethanol - a preservative derived from natural sources, protects against bacterial infection in the cosmetic, the substance is allowed to be used in a limited concentration. Some studies shed dark light on the effects of this ingredient. He is accused of having an irritating effect on the skin (rash, urticaria), and its effect is not 100% known, hence the restriction is that this ingredient should constitute only 1% of the cosmetic.
- Ethylehexylglycerin - a natural preservative, used as an alternative to parabens
- Caprylyl Glycol - emollient, caprylic glycol, a substance that prevents cosmetics from drying out
- Sodium Benzoate - sodium benzoate, an ingredient authorized for use in cosmetics in a limited concentration. A preservative, about it's been loud lately. According to some sources, it is supposed to be carcinogenic and damage healthy cells at the DNA level. Unfortunately, sodium benzoate is found not only in cosmetics, but also in food. Sodium benzoate is expected to be harmless in small amounts. Some sources suggest that Sodium Benzoate should not be mixed with vitamin E (in this cream vitamin E is in the form of Tocopheryl Acetate), because it is formed benzene, a carcinogen.
The cream has a great, light texture. It absorbs quickly and leaves the skin soft and moisturized, but a huge plus. A comfortable tube (100 ml, rather larger for a child's face cream, small for a body care cream) and a classic closure work well. The low price (at least the suggested one) is also an advantage.
Unfortunately, there are also disadvantages: sodium benzoate in the composition, which is in last place (it can be assumed that it is low. However, the manufacturer decided to use it, and could give it up. The excuse for this decision is certainly that this ingredient can also be found in much more expensive baby face creams, for example Pharmaceris Baby from birth, a protective and soothing baby face cream (about 40 zlotys), but already a good Bambino protective cream (4 zlotys, 75 ml) from this The ingredient is free, but the combination of Sodium Benzoate and vitamin E, which is supposed to form the carcinogen benzene, is also worrying.
Is the product worth buying? Decide for yourself by analyzing the pros and cons.
Our overall rating: